Project for organizing overseas seminars started

JSA Newsletter

Project for organizing overseas seminars started

Japanese Standards Association has started the overseas seminar development project in January, in order to make available to other countries the technology training programs chiefly in the area of quality control and standardization being held in Japan. The current state of progress and schedule are shown below.


1. JIS quality control manager seminar course (9 days) in China
For China where more than 10,000 Japanese businesses are in operation, the JIS quality control manager seminar course in compliance with the JIS Mark display system has started in the country.
The full-time course will be held in Dalian City in January 2013, of in partnership with a consulting firm in the city. The details are as follows.
[JIS quality control manager seminar course: Guidelines (tentative)]

  • Schedule: Total of 9 days from January 21 (Mon) – 25 (Fri) and January 28 (Mon) – 31(Thu), 2013
  • Venue: Dalian Nationalities University Training Center (Economic & Technology Special Development Zone, Dalian City, Liaoning Province, China)
  • Fee: 9,000 yuan (RMB)
  • Capacity: 40 (minimum number of escorts 25)
  • Others:
    1. Both lecturers and text books in Chinese (Mandarin)
    2. Persons who have satisfied program standards receive certificates of completion and card.
* Please note that the Guidelines herein are subject to change without notice.
(Informative references)
  1. JIS Marking system is a program of granting JIS Mark label certification to plants (worksites) possessing technical capability to provide stable and uninterrupted supply of products (processed goods) that satisfy designated quality and performance standards. In Japan, there are more than 8000 registered certifications.
  2. The number o JIS-certified overseas pants number roughly 700 as of August 24, 2012, with those in East Asia (South Korea, China and Taiwan) accounting for 82.7%. Thailand, Vietnam and other Southeast Asian countries make up 14.3%. All combined 97.0% are located in Asia.



2. Internal quality control training at overseas sites
The lecture textbook for the introductory quality control seminar (2 days) popular as a course for gaining basic knowledge of Japanese quality control (corresponding to Grade 3 in the QM/QC Examination) has been translated into Chinese and English for organization of the course outside Japan.


[Inquiries on foreign seminars]
Attn: Furukawa or Kotani,
Project Development Division, Standards Promotion Headquarters, Japanese Standards Association
E-mail: kaigai@jsa.or.jp
TEL: +81-3-4231-8549 / FAX: +81-3-4231-8650