IEC SAG meeting was held at JSA on December 9 - 10, 2010
IEC Sales Advisory Group (IEC/SAG) was established in 2007 replacing IEC Sales Policy Committee (IEC/SPC). IEC/SAG Meeting is generally held once a year.
Currently, IEC Vice President Mr. Enno Liess assumes the chairman and representatives of national committees from Australia, Egypt, UK, France, US, Germany and Japan joins this group. The issues consulted by the IEC/SAG are to be reported to the Council Board (CB) after each meeting.
The objectives of the IEC SAG are as follows.
To evaluate the IEC sales structure and operations, and to develop policy recommendations on:
- How to increase the global sales of IEC International Standards, related products and services in all markets
a) in IEC member countries, and
b) in non-member countries;
- Mechanisms for the distribution and sales of International Standards, other products and services;
- New initiatives for the promotion of International Standard sales;
- New or improved mechanisms for sales support from Central Office and among members;
- How to learn from members on sales performance, customer needs and satisfaction in their respective markets;
- How best to measure sales performance and monitor compliance;
- How to ensure fair retrocession of revenues (royalties) to all IEC members;
- Protection of the Commission's intellectual property;
- Guidelines and ideas for synchronizing commercial practices with other relevant organizations when and where appropriate.
- IEC sales overview
- Criteria for free standards availability
- IEC Sales Policy
- Reporting on sales of adopted IEC publications
- New products and services workshop
JSA president and IEC/SAG members